The Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) administers the (LAW-GAT) examinations on behalf of the Higher Education Commission (HEC)
The law internships Under the order of the Honorable Supreme Court dated 6th March 2018, Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) resumes the LAW-GAT TEST under the Higher Education Commission’s supervision (HEC) supervision. The sole motive behind the test was to identify and shortlist the deserving candidate who has absolute knowledge of the law and is eligible to enter a law profession for law practicing and enroll as an advocate in the Pakistan Bar Council (PBC).
Supreme Court gave the order under section 26(cc) of the Legal Practitioner and bar council’s Act 1973 and the rules of the Pakistan Bar Council (PBC). Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s Degree in law or equivalent from universities by Higher Education Commission/Pakistan Bar Council eligible. The test will be based on MCQs, which are multiple-choice questions. They can download a revised curriculum from Higher Education Commission (HEC) website.
The following cities will be centered Islamabad, Lahore, Multan, Bahawalpur, Faisalabad, Karachi, Sargodha, Sukkur, Peshawar, Quetta, Gilgit, and Dera-Ismail-Khan. The applicant may choose any Centre from the list provided in the application form. Candidates should note that the test will only be held at the mentioned location if 250 candidates choose it. Please remember that once a test Centre is chosen, the center cannot change it.
The law internships is one of the coolest opportunity for those candidates who are not managed to their dues.
Higher Education Commission (HEC) Jobs2022 Advertisement –
You can view and register for LAW-GAT 2022 latest from Jang, Express, Nawa-I-Waqt, The News, Dawn, and The Nation Newspaper.
Higher Education Commission (HEC) Jobs 2022 online apply –
You can apply for online registration.
Instruction for Online Registration:
· For online registration, you can visit:
· Please visit the official website of the HEC or Higher Education Commission Secretariat or HEC regional Centre if you face any difficulty.
· Application submission follows two steps: “MY PROFILE” and” LAW GRADUATE ASSESSMENT TEST” LINK IS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF the ONLINE PORTAL.
· Only uploaded profiles will be considered for Law-GAT and late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
· Registration fees are 3000 PKR and must deposit in Habib bank limited.
ACCOUNT TITLE: Higher Education Commission.
ACCOUNT NO: 01127900567403
BRANCH CODE: 0112
· Download bank fees challan from ETC online registration
· All candidates must complete the application form on the ETC online registration portal and upload a paid scanned copy of a fees challan officially stamped by an HBL branch before submitting it.
· Test fees are neither refundable nor transferable.
TEST (LAW GAT) –
· Test will be in 2022; if any change is due to any unexpected circumstance, it will be informed to the candidate through ETC online portal.
· Students who are registered through the HEC online registration process can download their roll number slip from the ETC online portal.
· Registered applicants will receive an email/SMS about the test date, time, and location.
· Candidates must provide a valid email/mobile number when completing the online application form.
TEST (LAW GAT)-REQUIREMENTS –
· To enter a test center, a print of roll number slips, original CNIC, and deposited challan will be required.
· OTHER REQUIREMENTS- 50% is the minimum score required to pass the law exam. Applicants must also meet any additional requirements outlined in Pakistan Bar Council rules and regulations. Candidates will have a maximum of five chances to pass the test. The Higher Education Commission will administer the test every quarter. Before the web registration portal closes, the candidate must have all questions or complaints addressed. The system refuses to handle inquiries or complaints after the registration deadline for logistical or security reasons.
KEY RESEARCHERS FOR BEGINNERS IN LAW –
To have a legal community is why many laws are made and imposed for the safety and rights of citizens. To run a system, they need lawyers. There comes a job for lawyers. In all civilized societies worldwide, including Pakistan, a career as a lawyer has long been regarded with respect. An advocate speaks up for people’s rights, particularly concerning the law. He was granted a license by the Pakistani government to practice law.
Scope In Pakistan –
In Pakistan, the only program available to students who want to work in the judiciary is the LLB. Additionally, this degree enjoys the same prestige and recognition in Pakistani society as the engineering and MBBS, as well as being preferred by parents.
Enroll as a lawyer in a Bar Council –
Obtaining a passing score on the subjective type/multiple choice written examination is a requirement for enrollment as an advocate.
The questionnaire must include questions on the following topics:
· The 1973 Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils Act.
· The Civil Procedure Code.
· The Criminal Procedure Code.
· The Limitation Act.
· The Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
· The Pakistan Bar Council’s
· “Canons of Professional Conduct and Etiquette of Advocate.”
· Suits Valuation Act, the Court Fees Act
Getting on the Bar Council list.
· A bar council is an organization that controls the legal profession. After completing several requirements:
· Offer specific undertakings, have a current law degree from an accredited university, and pay bar association dues. To practice law in Pakistan without having an LL.M. degree, a candidate must first complete six months of pupilage with an active advocate, working with that advocate on at least ten cases during that time.
· The last phase of legal education, called pupilage, typically lasts six months. A student must have their senior advocate sign a contract at the end of the six months.
Advocate High Court –
Advocate High Court is the second level qualified to practice in Pakistan’s High Courts and lower levels. After two years of successful practice in the lower courts.
Advocate Supreme Court –
The third level of court is Advocate Supreme Court. Following the completion of ten years of High Court practice upon application to the Pakistan Bar Council.
Senior Advocate Supreme Court –
The Senior Advocate Supreme Court is the top tier. It is the equivalent of a Queen’s Counsel in the United Kingdom in Pakistan. At least fifteen years of Supreme Court experience.
The law internships for undergraduate students in Pakistan 2022